Has your little one started understanding alphabets? If yes, then it is the perfect time to introduce your kid to the imaginative world of books. In today’s time, where internet is considered a hub for everything, many people think that books are now a thing of the past. However, they forget the advantages of buying story books for children. These story books still play a major role in the overall development of the child, especially during the early years of life.
Though the online educational shows may seem to be attractive, but nothing can replace the story books. Here are some reasons why books are still significant for kids and how can these books help in a child’s development.
1. Encouraging children to read story books is a great way to expand their vocabulary quickly. Books help them learn new words, sentences and new ways of using the words they already are familiar with. This further advances the preschool child development and also enhances their soft skills in the long run.
2. Reading books to kids at bedtime is a delightful bonding experience that nurtures emotional development. To boost the child’s imaginative power, you as a parent can help him/her relate the story events to the real incidents of their lives.
3. Making reading story books a daily habit is a great way to prepare the child for the school environment and to adapt to the concept of daily schoolwork.
4. Reading story books enhance a child’s attention span. Books with colorful pictures keep the child attracted and help them learn better.
5. Reading books, let the children quickly learn to visualize things. As a parent, you must assist your kid and sit with for an hour to make them learn new and imaginative things.
6. As a child reads story books daily, his knowledge also increases. Moreover, everything they learn at this age stays in their mind for a long run.
7. Reading is a good habit that can also replace TV as a source of entertainment and encourage your child learning skills.
8. As a parent, if you read to your toddler, you tend to become an idol for them. This way the child becomes more obedient towards their parents.
9. Developing the habit of reading regularly from an early age helps the child cope better the hard academic education later on.
10. You can maintain a lifelong bond with your toddler by reading interesting books to them. This is also a great way to teach your child different languages.
TV or other tech gadgets cannot teach a child better than the books can. So buying story books online is a great way to enhance children’s development and prepare them for their future.